Updates to MCS COVID-19 Controls
On August 11, 2022, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) streamlined its existing COVID-19 guidance. The Department of Energy and PPPO contractors have revised COVID-19 safety protocols to align with the CDC update.
The following changes to COVID-19 safety protocols are effective immediately:
· Quarantine is no longer required for personnel having close contact with a confirmed or suspected confirmed COVID-positive person, regardless of vaccination status. Personnel will still contact HR, ES&H and/or Site Medical for guidance.
· Personnel who have had recent, confirmed or suspected exposure to an infected person must immediately report this to HR, ESH, and/or Site Medical for guidance. Site Medical will provide control measures needed. This may include wearing a face covering and COVID testing at the timeframe they specify.
· Testing will continue as dictated by Site Medical personnel as part of their evaluation of symptomatic personnel or exposed individuals based on CDC guidance and medical application of need for each case.
· Personnel are asked to continue self-monitoring for symptoms (symptom screening self-checks), not report to work if ill, report illnesses and COVID-19 positive test results to the Site Medical. Use of the temperature kiosks is optional in conducting self-screening.
· Weekly COVID-19 Screening Testing of unvaccinated, asymptomatic personnel is no longer required.
· Attestation of vaccination status is no longer required.
· Proof of negative COVID-19 tests from unvaccinated contractors, vendors, visitors, meeting attendees, etc. is no longer required.
· Regardless of vaccination status and when masks are required, employees, contractors, visitors, etc., must wear a CDC compliant face covering.
· There was no change regarding the requirement for face covering use during Community Level High. We remain in level high and face coverings remain required.
PORTS Pre-screening (4.9.20) (pdf)Download
Return to Work-Communication sent on 4-27-2020 (pdf)Download
PAD Pre-screening (pdf)Download
EM Bulletin (PAD medical screening during severe weather warnings) (pdf)Download
Portsmouth Paducah Project Office Message 5-18-2020 (pdf)Download
Employee Information Lines (Emergency and Severe Weather) (pdf)Download
Message from Robert Edwards-6-4-2020 (pdf)Download
Phase 2-Return to Work 7.7.2020 (pdf)Download
Phase 2-Return to Work Update 7.8.2020 (pdf)Download
DUF6-MCS-20-00394 Pad-Lex Memo-Travel Restrictions (pdf)Download
DUF6-MCS-20-00393 Ports Memo Travel Restrictions (pdf)Download
International Travel-Quarantine Requirements (pdf)Download
CARES Act Communication 10.5.2020 (pdf)Download
Changes Coming to PGDP Health Screening Process October 27 - MCS version.._ (pdf)Download
20-ESH-002-MB-PAD Health Screening Kiosks (pdf)Download